Friday, September 30, 2011

Ricky Hatton has admitted he contemplated suicide as his boxing career

Ricky Hatton's boxing career, how he considered suicide after the end of the spoke.

Adele tickets online

The
popular Mancunian in July only to confirm his retirement,
he admits now writing his second round by Manny Pacquiao after pummeling was on the wall in Las Vegas in May 2009 that caused him to slip into depression and a battle with drink and drugs.

On considering taking his life, the 32-year-old told BBC Radio 5 Live: "A lot of people say 'I've tried committing suicide' but there's saying it and doing it and it was coming on a regular basis. Being a proud man and a warrior, to get splattered in two rounds like I did was really hard to come to terms with. When I tried to get back into training, I realised the hunger was gone and my career was over."

He added: "Everything got on top of me and it was a really horrible time in my life. I'd go out, have a few drinks, start sulking and start feeling sorry for myself.

"I kept coming home and crying to my girlfriend saying, 'I want to end it, I don't want to live'. Depression is a very serious thing. People don't realise how deadly it can be."

Problems came when his finally a head on Sunday newspaper he had been stung, something Hatton is now the press is a blessing in disguise is uncovered.

He said, "For someone in my position, taking drugs once is nothing short of disgraceful".

"The reason behind my actions and the way I was behaving wasn't a drink or drugs thing, it was depression. I was so down, I was crying and breaking out and contemplating suicide.

"Half the things I was doing I didn't even read about in the paper. I can't even remember the night that it happened. That's what depression does to you.

"I was having blackouts, days on end whether I was drinking or not when I couldn't remember what had happened in my life. I thank the News of the World because who knows where it could have ended up."

No comments:

Post a Comment