Monday, July 25, 2011

Ricky Hatton has finally announced retirement from boxing

Former two-weight world champion Ricky Hatton has finally announced retirement from boxing on Thursday.

V Festival

The 32-year-old has not fought since losing Manny Pacquaio - although has also refused to confirm he had hung up his gloves.

However despite being linked with several big-name fights since, most notably against - Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr - the Hitman has now called time on his glittering 14-year professional career.

Hatton said: "I am very upset. It's a very sad day for me.

"I know it is the right decision, though. I've known it was the right thing to do for 18 months to be honest.

"It's a bit of a relief to finally do it. It's been hovering over my head for such a long time.

"These last two years have been really frustrating. I hit rock bottom and it almost drove me insane.

"There's nothing more I love than training for a fight but I have no dreams left now."

No comments:

Post a Comment