Monday, November 29, 2010

Ricky Hatton Will Miss Oscar De La Hoya Fight


Boxer Ricky Hatton is improving very well since leaving the Priory Clinic five weeks ago.The Mancunian has wasted no time in getting himself fit again.

The 32 year old has decided and refused to rule out a comeback to the ring after overcoming depression and could be ready for at least one more big pay cheque before deciding to hang up his gloves for good.

After being knocked out in the second round by Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas 18 months ago it's hard to see Hatton ever becoming a champion, although he has dismissed the rumours that he will line up against Oscar De La Hoya.

“Oscar said he was angry over the story and I don’t blame him,” Hatton said today. I can say it is absolute rubbish. Nothing was ever said to me.

“As far as a comeback goes, I am still of the opinion I had 18 months ago. I have no ambition to come back.

“Although I feel the board was correct in punishing me, hopefully in time they will offer my licence back and I will be free to make a decision on my future. After all I have done in boxing, I have the right to retire Ricky Hatton and nobody else.”

No comments:

Post a Comment