Thursday, October 29, 2009

MY GREATEST NIGHT Ricky HATTON


Freddie Roach says Manny Pacquiao's crushing frustration of Ricky Hatton was his greatest moment.
Pacquiao's trainer confidently predicted the Filipino icon would beat Manchester's finest inside three rounds when they met in the MGM Grand in Las Vegas back in May.
And Manny duly backed up that boast, sending the Hitman to the canvas twice in the opening session before producing a chilling knockout in the second.
Roach, speaking on HBO's Pacquiao/Cotto 24/7, said: "Hatton, and I hate to say this about a world champion, he wasn't that good.
"The Hatton night, I was actually satisfied, I was glad my prediction came true, and to look it work was the best night of my life."
Pacquiao meanwhile said: "Freddie and I were so happy because we learned is perfect for Hatton's style."
Pacquio and Cotto will lock horns on November 14 at the MGM Grand in one of the most eagerly-awaited bouts of 2009.
They'll fight at 145lbs with Cotto's WBO world welterweight crown at stake.

No comments:

Post a Comment